Welcome to my second giveaway here on The Girl Who Read and Other Stories!
As most of you know, Lauren Oliver was here in the Philippines last weekend to promote the second installment of her Delirium trilogy, Pandemonium. If you missed the book signing event last March 24 at Powerbooks Live, you can listen to my recording of the Q&A or read the accompanying transcript here: click! More important, if you missed having your books signed, then here’s your chance to win a signed copy of Delirium !
Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing.
They didn’t understand that once love — the deliria — blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.
1. Post a link to this giveaway in your social network accounts and/or your personal blogs. You can post to as many as you like to increase your chances of winning.
2. Post a comment here and list the permalinks/URLs of all your social network/blog entries about the giveaway. One link = one contest entry. Please post only one comment; don’t worry, I’ll count all the links.
3. In the same comment post, include the answer to this question: In Delirium, Love is considered a disease that must be cured, and getting cured when you come of age is mandatory. If it were possible in our world and you had a choice, would you take the Cure? Your entries are not valid without your answer to this question. 😉
4. The Winner will receive a copy of Delirium (US edition paperback) signed by Lauren Oliver.
5. You have until 15 April 2012 (11:59pm) to send in your entries.
6. The winner will be determined by a Random List Generator and will be announced before April 30th.
7. This contest is open only to residents of the Philippines. If you live outside the Philippines but you have a friend or relative with a Philippine mailing address who will be willing to receive the prize and send it to you, then you’re welcome to join the contest.
8. The winner must reply to the notification e-mail within 3 days from receipt of the notice, otherwise, the prize will be forfeited in favor of the next person on the randomly-generated list.
Spread the word, and may the odds be ever in your favor!
In the meantime, I wish you Love. 😉