NOTE: This giveaway is now closed. Thanks for joining!
✻ ✻ ✻
Happy New Year, fellow bookworms!
If you’re familiar with Chinese astrology, 2013 is the year of the Snake–my year!–and I want to start it right. So for my very first post this year, I’m hosting a giveaway!
- Answer this question in the Comments: What are your reading goals for 2013? This does not mean just how many books you plan to read this year–though that’s included–but also other specific goals you want to pursue, like finally reading a particular book, starting a particular series, reading a non-English book (hey, nothing is impossible), reading something by a particular author…that kind of goal.
- Post a link to this giveaway in your social network accounts and/or your personal blogs. Include the permalink/URL of your social network post/blog entry in your comment. This time, I’ll count just one entry per person no matter how many times you post a link to the giveaway. However, your entry will not be valid without at least one linkback. 🙂
- The winner will receive a trade paperback copy of “Kiss of Frost (Mythos Academy #2)” and “Dark Frost (Mythos Academy #3)” by Jennifer Estep.
“The Mythos Academy books focus on Gwen Frost, a 17-year-old Gypsy girl who has the gift of psychometry, or the ability to know an object’s history just by touching it. Gwen’s magic lets her see everyone who has ever touched or used an object as well as feel their emotions — the good, the bad, and the ugly.
After a serious freak-out with her magic, Gwen finds herself shipped off to Mythos Academy, a school for the descendents of ancient warriors like Spartans, Valkyries, and more. The academy is located in the fictional suburb of Cypress Mountain, North Carolina, and the kids there are training how to use their magic and various skills to fight Reapers of Chaos. The Reapers are some seriously bad guys who want to free the evil god Loki from his mystical prison so Loki can take over the world and enslave everyone.
Gwen doesn’t think that she belongs at the academy or that she’s any kind of warrior, but she’s wrong — and she’s a lot stronger than she realizes.”
Learn more about Mythos Academy on Ms. Estep’s website: click!
- You have until 19 January 2013 (11:59pm) to send in your entries.
- The winner will be determined by a Random List Generator and will be announced before the end of this month.
- This contest is open only to residents of the Philippines. If you live outside the Philippines but you have a friend or relative with a Philippine mailing address who will be willing to receive the prize and send it to you, then you’re welcome to join the contest.
- The winner must reply to the notification e-mail within 3 days from receipt of the notice, otherwise, the prize will be forfeited in favor of the next person on the randomly generated list.
Spread the word, and May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!
p.s. Thank you, Hachette Book Group USA (Philippines), for the prizes. 🙂
♕ ♕ ♕
As for my own 2013 Reading Goals:
I’m still miffed that I wasn’t able to complete my 2012 challenge of reading 53 books; I only read 50. So this year, I decided to set the bar at 50, and look, I’m over-compensating for last year’s failure because I’ve already read 2 full books and 1 novella as of today. 😛
- Read John Green’s entire back list. It’s a tall order, but hey, that’s why it’s called a challenge.
- Read at least the first book in the Wheel of Time series, “The Eye of the World”. Yes, this is a challenge for me, but if I can finish “The Way of Kings”…
- Read the English translation of at least one non-English, non-Tagalog book. (Ha! Someone better make that translation of 해를 품은 달 happen this year.) I made it through the translations of 4 Japanese books last year; it’s just a matter of finding material that will really interest me.
That’s it. I think those are S.M.A.R.T. goals for me. What about you? 😉