This contest is CLOSED! Thanks to everyone who showed interest and to those who actually sent in entries.
It’s the 1st of February and in a few days, it will be Valentine’s Day. It’s the perfect time to read a sweet love story despite what the cynics may say, so let me be your Book Fairy Godmother through this Valentine’s Day Giveaway!😛
- Answer this question in the Comments: Regardless of your real life romantic circumstances, which fairy tale would you most like your happily ever after to be like? In no more than 3 sentences, share your ideal fairy tale with us and why it’s the kind of story you want your own love story to be like.
- Post a link to this giveaway in your social network accounts and/or your personal blogs. Include the permalink/URL of your social network post/blog entry in your comment. I’ll count just one entry per person no matter how many times you post a link to the giveaway, but your entry will not be valid without at least one linkback.
- All entries will be screened until the winners are announced, so don’t be alarmed if your comment doesn’t appear on the post. I will update or comment on the post when I receive a valid entry. In case your name is not acknowledged in the next update, let me know on Twitter (@almeldiel) or e-mail me at thegirlwhoread(at)gmail(dot)com.
- The winning entry will be chosen by Mina V. Esguerra herself. The winner will receive a signed copy of the Philippine print edition of “Fairy Tale Fail”.
“Of all the twenty-something women who are hopeless romantics, Ellie Manuel is more “hopeless” than “romantic.”
Even after her Prince Charming broke up with her, she just won’t give up … because fairy tale heroines don’t live “happily ever after” right away, silly, they’re tested first!
Determined to pass the test, she spends the next year restoring herself to the girl Prince Charming had fallen in love with in the first place.
Until she discovers that life without him might not be so bad after all: her career is taking off, her confidence is back, and the cute guy at work is no longer a stranger.
So when is it okay to quit on a fairy tale?”
Learn more about Mina and her other books on her website: click!
- You have until 12 February 2013 (11:59pm) to send in your entries.
- Barring any unfortunate interventions by conniving witches and evil stepmothers or distractions in the form of charming princes, I hope to be able to announce the winner by February 14th.
- This contest is open only to residents of the Philippines. If you live outside the Philippines but you have a friend or relative with a Philippine mailing address who will be willing to receive the prize and send it to you, then you’re welcome to join the contest.
- The winner must reply to the notification e-mail within 3 days from receipt of the notice, otherwise, the prize will be forfeited in favor of Mina’s second choice winner.
Spread the word, and May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!
Thank you so much, Mina, for sponsoring this contest.