This contest is CLOSED! Thanks to everyone who showed interest and to those who actually sent in entries. 🙂
It’s the 1st of February and in a few days, it will be Valentine’s Day. It’s the perfect time to read a sweet love story despite what the cynics may say, so let me be your Book Fairy Godmother through this Valentine’s Day Giveaway! 😛
- Answer this question in the Comments: Regardless of your real life romantic circumstances, which fairy tale would you most like your happily ever after to be like? In no more than 3 sentences, share your ideal fairy tale with us and why it’s the kind of story you want your own love story to be like.
- Post a link to this giveaway in your social network accounts and/or your personal blogs. Include the permalink/URL of your social network post/blog entry in your comment. I’ll count just one entry per person no matter how many times you post a link to the giveaway, but your entry will not be valid without at least one linkback.
- All entries will be screened until the winners are announced, so don’t be alarmed if your comment doesn’t appear on the post. I will update or comment on the post when I receive a valid entry. In case your name is not acknowledged in the next update, let me know on Twitter (@almeldiel) or e-mail me at thegirlwhoread(at)gmail(dot)com.
- The winning entry will be chosen by Mina V. Esguerra herself. The winner will receive a signed copy of the Philippine print edition of “Fairy Tale Fail”.
“Of all the twenty-something women who are hopeless romantics, Ellie Manuel is more “hopeless” than “romantic.”
Even after her Prince Charming broke up with her, she just won’t give up … because fairy tale heroines don’t live “happily ever after” right away, silly, they’re tested first!
Determined to pass the test, she spends the next year restoring herself to the girl Prince Charming had fallen in love with in the first place.
Until she discovers that life without him might not be so bad after all: her career is taking off, her confidence is back, and the cute guy at work is no longer a stranger.
So when is it okay to quit on a fairy tale?”
Learn more about Mina and her other books on her website: click!
- You have until 12 February 2013 (11:59pm) to send in your entries.
- Barring any unfortunate interventions by conniving witches and evil stepmothers or distractions in the form of charming princes, I hope to be able to announce the winner by February 14th.
- This contest is open only to residents of the Philippines. If you live outside the Philippines but you have a friend or relative with a Philippine mailing address who will be willing to receive the prize and send it to you, then you’re welcome to join the contest.
- The winner must reply to the notification e-mail within 3 days from receipt of the notice, otherwise, the prize will be forfeited in favor of Mina’s second choice winner.
Spread the word, and May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!
Thank you so much, Mina, for sponsoring this contest. 🙂
“Fairy Tale Fail” is now available at your favorite book stores, published by Summit Books. You can also purchase the e-book version on Flipreads.com or other online outlets.
4 thoughts on “Valentine’s Day Giveaway: “Fairy Tale Fail” by Mina V. Esguerra (Signed)”
Claire: Your entry has been logged. Thanks for joining! 🙂
Remember the scene where Richard Gere arives in a limo brandishing an umbrella and shouting “Vivian..Princess Vivian!”? Well that’s my fairy tale. I wish for a knight in shining armor (or a geek with shining and updated gadgets and all :P) to come up my tower and whisk me away from all my worries and tell me that he loves me in a very cheesy-melt-in-your-pants-not-so-like-him-speech.
Acknowledging the entry sent in by Nicole. 🙂
My favourite fairy tale is the story in the book itself 🙂 well, my answer is just the same with what I tweeted to Ate Mina in twitter a few days ago.
It’s because love is so unexpected, it can happen anytime, anywhere. You won’t even realise that you already fell in the trap :)) it’s funny right? One day you found your “ideal man” and you swore to yourself that “He’s the one” but then things went crazy and all messed up, he left you and you don’t know what to do, but then the guy whose attitude and characteristics are opposite to your “ideal man” comes into the picture and saved you from your misery. You’re always doing things together, he’s always by your side and loved you even though he knows that your still not over your ex. In the end you still fell for him because he accepted you just the way you are 🙂 and you accepted him too because even though you’re not on the same page, you don’t need to change who you really are just to make him accept you and love you 🙂 I guess my answer’s quite long and exceeded the limit, I’m sorry about that :)) I just want to say everything I want to and I hope my entry would be chosen :))
P.S. If my grammar is not correct, I’m really really sorry :)))