✈ NOTICE (2013.08.05): The Giveaway is now CLOSED. ✈
All’s Fair in Blog and War
Author: Chrissie Peria
Read Date: 12 July 2013
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Travel blogger Five thinks she has hit the jackpot when the Macau Tourism Board invites her over for an all-expense-paid blogger tour in exchange for blogging about Macau. But while she happily signs up for the trip, she didn’t sign up to be travel buddies with the infuriating Jesse. Will her dream vacation turn into a nightmare junket? Or will falling in love be on the itinerary?
For someone who’s a self-confessed “First Time Everything”, Chrissie Peria managed to turn out a cute, fluffy, feel-good romance novella in “All’s Fair in Blog and War”.
#ArmchairTraveling – One of the things I loved about the story, and perhaps its strongest aspect, is how vivid the setting was. I actually felt like I was in Macau! When I asked her about it, the author said that she did actually go to Macau on a press junket before, so many of the things she did, sights she saw, and food she ate during her trip made its way into the story. As someone who has never traveled to Macau, I really appreciated all the details.
#VisceralThrills – Let’s just say that…maybe, just maybe, I’d consider signing up for the world’s highest commercial bungee jump…but only under similar circumstances. 😉
#ItsSoFluffy – There are a lot of super sweet moments here that romance junkies (and pretty much anyone who is a romantic at heart) will definitely enjoy. Wait, this needs a GIF.
#ClearProse – Peria’s writing style is straightforward, which serves the novella well.
#PointsForImprovement – There wasn’t a lot of conflict in the story, so we don’t see different facets of the characters. And also, considering the emphasis on Five as a blogger and social media user, I expected blog post excerpts or tweets, but there were none. Peria created actual character social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram, but that serves more as a post-read appreciation or expanded universe thing.
#Verdict – It’s a fun, fluffy, sweet literary getaway! Make sure a store that sells egg tarts / egg pies is just a stone’s throw away when you read this.
And I look forward to what Peria will write next. 🙂
I have 3 e-book copies of “All’s Fair in Blog and War” up for grabs, courtesy of Chrissie Peria herself!
- If you are a WordPress user, all you have to do is follow this blog and leave a comment on this post with the answer to the question “If the tourism board of any country in the world were to invite you to a junket, which country would you like it to be? And what is the number one thing you would like to see/do there?” If you already follow this blog, then simply comment with your answer to the contest question. Please share the link to the giveaway in any of your social networking accounts. 🙂
- If you are not a WordPress user, you can either subscribe to this blog by clicking on the link at the footer or you can just follow me on Twitter (@almeldiel). Leave a comment on this post with the answer to the question “If the tourism board of any country in the world were to invite you to a junket, which country would you like it to be? And what is the number one thing you would like to see/do there?” If you’re already a subscriber or if you already follow me on Twitter, then simply comment with your answer to the contest question. Please share the link to the giveaway in any of your social networking accounts. 🙂
- Once I have validated your entry, your comment will appear on this post.
- The winners will be chosen by a random draw and will receive an e-book copy of “All’s Fair in Blog and War”.
- You have until 3 August 2013 (11:59pm) to send in your entries.
- Barring any unfortunate incidents like an upset stomach from eating too many egg tarts, the winners will be announced by August 5.
- This contest is open to international and Filipino readers.
- The winners must reply to the notification e-mail within 3 days from receipt of the notice, otherwise, the prize will be forfeited in favor of the next person on the random list generated to determine the winner.
Spread the word, and May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!
8 thoughts on “Review / Giveaway [Int’l]: “All’s Fair in Blog and War” by Chrissie Peria”
Wow that was odd. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after
I clicked submit my comment didn’t show up. Grrrr…
well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to
say excellent blog!
Let’s see…it has been a childhood dream of mine to one day backpack across the entirety of Western Europe, but I would have to say that if the tourism boards of Switzerland or the United Kingdom were to call on me, I would immediately accept, schedules and paperwork be damned. XD The core reason for my choosing these two countries is actually embarrassingly banal – I aim to someday work in either (or maybe, both??) of them when I finish my major, so I want to be personally accustomed to how life is there, first.
But on a less pragmatic note, I want to see the Alps! I want to taste Swiss cheese and chocolates straight from the source, and lay eyes on the William Tell monument made by the same man who designed the Rizal monument in Luneta. I also would love to go there during winter! I have had a rather snow-deprived existence, after all…
As for the UK…I specifically want to be in the hustle and bustle of London. I want to see Big Ben! The Buckingham Palace! The Tower Bridge! Yeah, I’m usually not one for the usual touristy jaunts, but what can I say? I’m a fan of the architecture. Also, I know it’s a tad unclimactic, but I want fish and chips, mmm-hmm.
I’m also somewhat of a Sherlock Holmes fan, so I want to see the museum near Baker Street!…I was actually going to say that the number one thing I wanted to see in London would be Benedict Cumberbatch, but that would be silly, wouldn’t it? (Silly, but unfortunately true…)
…my twitter account is @postscriptress, btw. It kind of slipped my mind that I was joining through twitter OTL
Paris, France baby! The Louvre Museum, The Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, the catacombs! There’s just so many things to see and do in this wonderful place! Culture, fashion, cuisine and perhaps a little dash of love (LOL), what more can I wish for? 🙂
I’ve already been to Japan, so I’d have to say, London. As for what I’d do, and since it was the Tourism Board that invited me, I’d have no problems asking them if I could SPEND ONE NIGHT IN THE TOWER OF LONDON. (With a friend. Or two. Or ten. The more the less scarier after all. Haha.) Maybe I’ll catch a glimpse of Walter Raleigh or a headless Anne Boleyn. That would be awesome, I think. (Provided I wake up the day after.)
Oh my, the blurb to this good sounds GREAT! I love travel and love stories during traveling even more. I want to go to Cambodia and see the Ang Kor Wat! ❤
Where would I go: oh god. Two places come to mind: 1) Ecuador for the Galapagos Islands and 2) the United States for Hawaii.
What I would do: DIVE!!! Hahahaha! Schools of hammerhead sharks, dolphins, manta rays… Heaven! (and take lots of pictures too. Hehe.)
No other place but Paris, France. ♥ I read a lot about this place and watched films that were set at this place and it’s really AMAZING. Since I was a child, I always dreamed of traveling Paris. Get lost and meet a French friend who can teach me French words and the number one I will do as I step in the Land of Paris of France is, I’m gonna climb at the top of Eiffel Tower and cry out: “Paris, ba’t ang ganda ganda mo? Pwede ka bang pakasalan? :D” Haha! In Tagalog words of course! 😀 I’m counting down to that event of my life. Ü