✈ NOTICE (2013.08.05): The Giveaway is now CLOSED. ✈
Travel blogger Five thinks she has hit the jackpot when the Macau Tourism Board invites her over for an all-expense-paid blogger tour in exchange for blogging about Macau. But while she happily signs up for the trip, she didn’t sign up to be travel buddies with the infuriating Jesse. Will her dream vacation turn into a nightmare junket? Or will falling in love be on the itinerary?
Three guesses to where I'm going next. Starts with an M. Ends with an U. Has a lechon named after it. #travel—
Five Cuevas (@5travels) April 24, 2013
For someone who’s a self-confessed “First Time Everything”, Chrissie Peria managed to turn out a cute, fluffy, feel-good romance novella in “All’s Fair in Blog and War”.
#ArmchairTraveling – One of the things I loved about the story, and perhaps its strongest aspect, is how vivid the setting was. I actually felt like I was in Macau! When I asked her about it, the author said that she did actually go to Macau on a press junket before, so many of the things she did, sights she saw, and food she ate during her trip made its way into the story. As someone who has never traveled to Macau, I really appreciated all the details.
#VisceralThrills – Let’s just say that…maybe, just maybe, I’d consider signing up for the world’s highest commercial bungee jump…but only under similar circumstances. 😉
#ItsSoFluffy – There are a lot of super sweet moments here that romance junkies (and pretty much anyone who is a romantic at heart) will definitely enjoy. Wait, this needs a GIF.
#ClearProse – Peria’s writing style is straightforward, which serves the novella well.
#PointsForImprovement – There wasn’t a lot of conflict in the story, so we don’t see different facets of the characters. And also, considering the emphasis on Five as a blogger and social media user, I expected blog post excerpts or tweets, but there were none. Peria created actual character social media accounts on Twitter and Instagram, but that serves more as a post-read appreciation or expanded universe thing.
#Verdict – It’s a fun, fluffy, sweet literary getaway! Make sure a store that sells egg tarts / egg pies is just a stone’s throw away when you read this.
And I look forward to what Peria will write next. 🙂
I have 3 e-book copies of “All’s Fair in Blog and War” up for grabs, courtesy of Chrissie Peria herself!
- If you are a WordPress user, all you have to do is follow this blog and leave a comment on this post with the answer to the question “If the tourism board of any country in the world were to invite you to a junket, which country would you like it to be? And what is the number one thing you would like to see/do there?” If you already follow this blog, then simply comment with your answer to the contest question. Please share the link to the giveaway in any of your social networking accounts. 🙂
- If you are not a WordPress user, you can either subscribe to this blog by clicking on the link at the footer or you can just follow me on Twitter (@almeldiel). Leave a comment on this post with the answer to the question “If the tourism board of any country in the world were to invite you to a junket, which country would you like it to be? And what is the number one thing you would like to see/do there?” If you’re already a subscriber or if you already follow me on Twitter, then simply comment with your answer to the contest question. Please share the link to the giveaway in any of your social networking accounts. 🙂
- Once I have validated your entry, your comment will appear on this post.
- The winners will be chosen by a random draw and will receive an e-book copy of “All’s Fair in Blog and War”.
- You have until 3 August 2013 (11:59pm) to send in your entries.
- Barring any unfortunate incidents like an upset stomach from eating too many egg tarts, the winners will be announced by August 5.
- This contest is open to international and Filipino readers.
- The winners must reply to the notification e-mail within 3 days from receipt of the notice, otherwise, the prize will be forfeited in favor of the next person on the random list generated to determine the winner.
Spread the word, and May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!